Thank you for registering! I am so excited to have you join the class and get going on self-publishing your book.
Please contact me with any questions: 61(two)-43(two)-0135 or hootyourwords (at) gmail.com.
See you on July 31.
Self-publishing Intensive, Summer 2018
Located at 2281 Hampden Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55114
Please bring a laptop.
Schedule and Syllabus
- It takes a village: organizing your book team – editor, designer, printer, distributor
- Cover story: examine what makes a captivating cover and start working with a designer
- no class – we will not be meeting every week during this course to allow for time and balance moving your book project forward
- Treasure hunting: Raising funds via Kickstarter or Indiegogo
- To err is human: the importance of editing
September 4: no class
- Look at meeee: creative book promotion via email, social media, in person, and your website
- Details details details: formatting the inside of your book (print)
- Dotting your i’s and crossing your t’s: copyright, library of congress, ISBN
September 25: no class
- The world wide web: ebook formatting and publishing online
- Hear thee hear thee: printing and distributing your book
October 16: no class
- Ready to launch: planning a book release party